Minutes of the Annual General Meeting
The meeting commenced at 8:15pm with the President, Mr Anthony Shackleford in the chair. The minutes were taken by William Adams, Honorary Secretary.
of the Ashtead Village Club
held on 18th April 2007
- The minutes of the Annual General Meeting
held on 18th April 2007 were accepted as a true record. Proposed D. Weller, Seconded Andrew Cunningham.
- The Treasurer, having made his report, P. Denning proposed and seconded by Paul Scoble that the meeting accept the statement of accounts for the year ended 31st December 2007. Vote was unanimous.
- The President having made his report presented life membership certificates to J. Cuddihy, D.R. Davies, B.J. Doherty, I.A. Francis, F. Gawman, J.S. Hunt, P.A. Holmes, W.R. Ventham-Smith and R.G. Winder.
The President then announced the 1st winner of the annual award of the Doug Street Memorial Trophy, Mr Barry Channell.
One minutes silence was observed for the members who passed away in 2006; Bert Ackland, David Anscombe, Thomas Duffy, Jack Kay, John Sporne, Doug Street and Robert Woolman.
- The Chairman thanked Paul Scoble and Andrew Cunningham and the rest of the committee for their hard work done in the past year.
- Rule 3 - It was proposed by P. Denning and seconded by Percy Holmes that the subscriptions for the year 2008 be increased to £17 for male members under 65 and £9 for male members over 65. The motion was carried by 13 for to 5 against.
- Rule 9 - It was proposed by David Weller and seconded by Paul Scoble that the subscriptions for the year 2008 be increased to £10 for lady members under 60 and £5 for lady members over 60. The motion was carried by 14 for to 4 against.
- Rule 2 - Ian Francis proposed and Leslie Benjamin seconded that the entrance fee for new members stay the same at £15.
P. Denning proposed and Andrew Cunningham seconded that the entrance fee be waived for the committee year 2007/8.
The counter proposal was unanimously passed by the meeting.
- David Weller proposed and seconded by Barry Channell that rule 14 - Payments to committee members be suspended for 2008.
- Due to the lack of candidates for the forthcoming elections, it was proposed by Brian Draisey and seconded by Mr D. Davies that the secretary appoint scrutineers should a ballot be necessary.
- It was proposed by David Weller and seconded by Leslie Benjamin that Peter Street be appointed as a trustee. The vote was unanimous.
- It was proposed by Andrew Cunningham and seconded by Max Phillips that Brown and Co be re-appointed as auditors.
- It was proposed by Paul Scoble and seconded by Brian Draisey that the club ballot all lady members by post to ask their views regarding full membership. A S.G.M. will be called by the committee if a majority of ladies so wish.