Minutes of the Annual General Meeting
The meeting commenced at 8:15pm with the President, Mr Anthony Shackleford in the chair. The minutes were taken by William Adams, Honorary Secretary.
of the Ashtead Village Club held on 16th April 2008
- The minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 18th April 2007 were accepted as a true record. Proposed W. Ventham-Smith, Seconded Dave Weller.
- Harry Hunt asked about the electricity bill and received a reply that Andy Cunningham has made recommendations to cut costs. W. Ventham-Smith asked about advertising and received a reply that clubs had restrictions on what they could advertise. It was proposed that the meeting accept the statement of accounts for the year ended 31st December 2007. Proposed Bill Huckle, Seconded Doug Robinson. Vote was unanimous.
- The President having made his report presented life membership certificates to Barrie Edwards, John French, Peter Galipeau, John Kelland and Howard Pearson.
One minutes silence was observed for the members who passed away in 2007; Peter Bailey and Albert Beard.
- The Chairman thanked the committee for work done in the year and presented Jack Temple with the cup for clubman of the year.
- Rule 3 - It was proposed by Paul Scoble and seconded by Dave Weller that the subscriptions for the year 2009 for members under 65 and members over 65 remain at £17 and £9 respectively. Vote unanimous.
- Rule 2 - It was proposed by Barrie Edwards and seconded by Les Benjamin that the entrance fees be waived for 2009. The Vote unanimous.
- Proposed Doug Robinson and seconded by Dave Weller that rule 14 - Payments to committee members be suspended for 2009.
- Due to the lack of candidates for the forthcoming elections, it was proposed by Paul Scoble and seconded by Barrie Edwards that the secretary appoint scrutineers should a ballot be necessary.
- Proposed by David Weller and seconded by Leslie Benjamin that Doug Robinson be appointed as a trustee. The vote was unanimous.
- It was proposed by Harry Hunt and seconded by Doug Robinson that Brown and Co be re-appointed as auditors.
Meeting closed: 8:55pm